27.6.10

devotion.

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people,
but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
  — Leviticus 19:18
Hanging on to bitterness and keeping alive grudges is consuming
work. It leaves little energy for blessing others, praising God, or
enjoying life. The only way to get over a bitter heart toward
others is to actively love and serve them in ways that bless their
lives. If we can’t do this because it’s hard to feel like it is the
right thing to do, we do it because we know God and want to please
him!
My prayer
Dear Father of light, love and mercy, please remove from my heart any
cynicism or delight in seeing others around me fall. Instead, help
me to be a rescuer rather than a neglector. I want your grace to be
seen in my friendships and in all that I do. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

♥ RawGlam ♥ said...

I love this.

sway poetess said...

thanks! it`s really how I feel.
don`t want grudges to be my downfall

Post a Comment